Shelby earned her B.A. from Willamette University (Politics and French, cum laude). She received her J.D. from Lewis and Clark College (also cum laude) with a certificate in environmental and natural resources law. Shelby currently serves as a Judge Advocate for the Oregon Air National Guard. In this role, she gives general legal advice to command staff, specifically on areas such as disciplinary and government ethics matters and provides legal assistance to individual service members. Shelby also served on the Oregon Hanford Cleanup Board (2010-2013), the Oregon Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability (2006-2010; Chair, 2010), the Oregon Women Lawyers Association, and board of the Oregon Women's Political Caucus Campaign School.
Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- J.D., cum laude, Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2009
- B.A., cum laude, Willamette University, 2004
- State of Oregon
Memberships & Activities
- Oregon City Attorneys Association Executive Board (2013-2016); President (2016-Present)
- Oregon Hanford Cleanup Board (2010-2013)
- Oregon Commission on Judicial Fitness and Disability (2006-2010); Chair (2010)
- Oregon Women's Political Caucus Campaign School, Past Board Member
Awards and Honors
- “Agency Interpretation of Statutes and Regulations,” in Interpreting Oregon Law, Oregon State Bar Publication, 2009.
- Principles of Successful Multi-Jurisdictional Law Enforcement In and Out of Indian Country, "Expository Report: Facts, Figures, and Context on SB 412," DPSST and the Confederated Tribes of Coos, Lower Umpqua, and Siuslaw Indians, September 2014