Estate Planning/Probate Attorney - Lake Oswego, OR or Vancouver, WA
(with additional experience in real estate a plus)Jordan Ramis PC is seeking an Associate Attorney with two plus years of experience in Estate Planning, Probate and/or Trust Administration to join our team in our Lake Oswego, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington office.
- Knowledge of both Oregon and Washington estate planning and probate law. Additional experience in other areas of law is a plus.
- Drafts pleadings for probate administration including estate inventories and correspondence.
- Prepares complex accountings for probate and trust administration.
- Prepares estate planning documents such as wills and ancillary documents.
- Manages probate/trust administration deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of life insurance trusts, guardianships, estate planning, fiduciary income tax preparation and asset distribution.
- Preparation of tax identification number applications; S corporation elections; estate and gift tax returns; and determining and calendaring tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of trust funding including preparing deeds, assignments and change of account ownership.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with clients, family members, trustees and other professionals regarding all aspects of estate planning and probate matters and related issues with confidence and professionalism.
- Prioritizes assignments.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Must be admitted to practice in Oregon and/or Washington and in good standing.
- At least 2 years of estate planning, probate and/or trust administration.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of LSS and NetDocs desirable.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Confidence to work directly with clients and colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver high-quality work product under time pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision subject to attorney direction and approval, and to seek help when needed.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style, and the ability to compose correspondence and documentation and proofread.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.