Estate Planning/Probate Paralegal - Lake Oswego, OR
(with additional experience in real estate a plus)Jordan Ramis PC is seeking an experienced, high-level, full-time paralegal to join our team in our Lake Oswego office.
- High-level knowledge of both Oregon and Washington estate planning and probate law. Additional experience in real estate a plus.
- Drafts pleadings for probate administration including estate inventories and correspondence.
- Prepares complex accountings for probate and trust administration.
- Prepares estate planning documents such as wills and ancillary documents.
- Manages probate/trust administration calendar and deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of life insurance trusts, guardianships, estate planning, fiduciary income tax preparation and asset distribution.
- Preparation of tax identification number applications; S corporation elections; estate and gift tax returns; and determining and calendaring tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of trust funding including preparing deeds, assignments and change of account ownership.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with clients, family members, trustees and other professionals regarding all aspects of estate planning and probate matters and related issues with confidence and professionalism.
- Prioritizes assignments.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned by the attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or training in paralegal work; or equivalent combination of education and experience in court and law, including federal, state and appellate.
- At least 5 years of estate planning, probate AND corporate, real estate and/or litigation experience working at a law firm.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of LSS and NetDocs desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work product to both attorneys and clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver high-quality work product under time pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision subject to attorney direction and approval, and to seek help when needed.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style, and the ability to compose correspondence and documentation and proofread.
- Familiarity and comfort with the use of online resources and technology to perform essential job functions.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.