Senior Corporate/Business Paralegal - Lake Oswego, ORJordan Ramis PC is seeking an experienced, high-level, full-time senior paralegal to join our corporate and business transaction team in our Lake Oswego office.
- High-level knowledge of both Oregon and Washington corporate and business formation statutes.
- Assists attorneys with corporate governance activities.
- Knowledgeable with loan transactions and due diligence.
- Knowledgeable with business foreign qualifications.
- Knowledgeable with UCC-1 financing statements and filings.
- Knowledgeable with nonprofit entity formations, nonprofit reporting requirements, and tax-exempt applications.
- Assists attorneys in managing additional business matters including mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic corporate transactions, including managing due diligence, accessing public records, and assisting in the closing of transactions.
- Maintains databases and other information repositories relating to business transactions, documents, and deadlines.
- Communicates with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with clients regarding all aspects of corporate and business transactions and related issues.
- Prioritizes assignments.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned by the attorneys.
- Prepares, records and/or files a variety of documents, including registered agent work, limited liability companies, entity formation, etc. under both Oregon and Washington law.
- Preparing and distributing closing binders.
- Real estate experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or training in paralegal work; or equivalent combination of education and experience in court and law, including federal, state and appellate.
- At least 10 years of corporate, real estate and/or business experience working at a law firm.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of LSS and NetDocs desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work product to both attorneys and clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver high-quality work product under time pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision subject to attorney direction and approval, and to seek help when needed.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style, and the ability to compose correspondence and documentation and proofread.
- Familiarity and comfort with the use of online resources and technology to perform essential job functions.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.