National Business Institute Webinar – Bankruptcy 2021: New Rules, Case Law, and Hot Topics
Live Video Webinar
September 24, 2021 | 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
A Timely and Practical Consumer Bankruptcy Update You Don’t Want to Miss!
This course covers a wide range of pressing and practical topics for consumer bankruptcy practitioners of all experience levels: critical case law updates; using the SBRA as an alternative to Chapter 13; Chapter 7 tips and traps, practice and profitability hot topics; the Consumer Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2020; and more.
Jordan Ramis Attorney Russell D. Garrett will be presenting Chapter 7 Tips and Traps. Get the latest strategies and keep your practice current. Register today!
- Start with a comprehensive update of notable case law developments (Chicago vs. Fulton, Taggart takeaways, and more).
- Get strategies for using the SBRA (Subchapter V of Chapter 11) for individual debtors.
- Delve into tips and traps for petition review, meetings of creditors, proofs of claim, and asset and exemption issues in Chapter 7 cases.
- Elevate your practice with seasoned insights on case selection and pre-filing activities, growing your client base in 2021, and more.
- Wrap up by exploring consumer bankruptcy reform efforts and what the future might hold, by reviewing the Consumer Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2020, and more.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for attorneys. Paralegals may also benefit.
- Bankruptcy Case Law Update
- Summary of U.S. Bankruptcy Rule and Form Changes; Status of COVID-19 Provisions
- Chapter 7 Tips and Traps
- SBRA Strategies for Individual Debtors (Subchapter V of Chapter 11)
- Consumer Bankruptcy Practice & Profitability Hot Topics
- What’s Next? The Consumer Bankruptcy Reform Act and More