Katie E. JeremiahOf Counsel Attorney
Raised in a logging and construction family, Katie Jeremiah has focused her education and career in the area of construction. As an attorney at Jordan Ramis, Katie works in matters involving construction and mining law.
Katie graduated from Oregon State University with a bachelor of science degree in construction engineering management and from Lewis & Clark Law School with dual certificates in environmental law and business law.
Prior to law school Katie worked as a project engineer/project manager for DPR Construction, Inc. in San Diego, CA. Her projects included a $400 million pharmaceutical manufacturing campus in Oceanside, CA; a $20 million sports resort in Del Mar, CA; a MRI clinic in Encinitas, CA; a cadaveric operating theater in San Diego, CA; and a cardiac catheterization lab in La Jolla, CA. During her time at DPR Construction Inc., Katie also co-led the development and implementation of a company-wide project management software system. She was a mentor for ACE Mentoring, a program to enlighten and introduce high school students to professions in architecture, construction, and engineering.
While at Oregon State University, Katie served as president for the student chapter of the Associated General Contractors. She was an engineering intern for Kiewit Pacific Co. on an advanced national fiber optic network project in Washington state (Level (3) Communications), and for Granite Construction in Carson City, NV.
Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland, Oregon, 2009, Certificates in Environmental Law and Business Law
- B.S., Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon, 2001, Construction Engineering Management
- State of Oregon
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
Memberships & Activities
- Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, Governing Board (2016-Present)
- Oregon Concrete & Aggregate Producers Association, Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Western Resources Legal Center, Board of Directors (2011-Present)
- Friends of the Children: Fast Friends, Board of Directors (2010-Present)
- Child Centered Solutions, Board of Directors (2010-Present)
- Oregon Concrete & Aggregate Producers Association, Chair, MSHA Compliance Assistance Audit Committee (2010-Present)
- AGC Oregon Columbia Chapter, Membership Committee (2011-Present)
- AGC Oregon Columbia Chapter, Summer Convention Committee, Education Subcommittee (2010-Present)
- Lewis & Clark Law School Student Bar Association, Secretary (2007-2008)
- Lewis & Clark Law School Environmental Law Review, Associate Editor (2007-2009)
Awards and Honors
- Oregon State University Council of Outstanding Early Career Engineers Honoree, 2017
- ENR Top 20 Under 40, Northwest Region, 2013
- DJC Up & Coming Lawyers, 2011
- Troublesome Trucking Regulations
- A Key Step to Protecting Your Branding Investment: Trademark Registration
- Greedy Contractor Faces Big Consequences for Gaming the DBE System
- MSHA Has Upper Hand in Jurisdictional Battle With OSHA
- Spring Cleaning... Sine Die Means it is Time to Dust Off Your Construction Contract Forms!
- Mining Industry Equipment Manufacturers: Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place MSHA
- Is Your Construction Site at Risk for Fines? Demystifying Construction Stormwater Permit Requirements
- Before You Shriek About Leaks and Creaks: Tips for Homeowners Who Discover Leaks and Other Construction Defects
- Construction Material Suppliers: Stuck Without a Payment Remedy on Government Projects
- Follow These 10 Steps Before Signing a Contract
- Changes in MSHA Leadership Beneficial to Industry
- Hungry for Construction Work? Don't Eat a Bad Contract
- A Big Win for Aggregate Producers
- Aggregate Producers Feel the Heat as MSHA Enforcement is on the Rise
- Risk Management in a Competitive Market
- Important Changes to ODOT's DBE Program — Effective March 1, 2010
- Stormwater Discharge and New Construction
- I Earned It, I Spent It, Why Can't I Keep It?
- Keeping Your Construction Business in Shape with Five Simple Checkups