Back To Listings
Peter O. WattsShareholder
AboutShareholder Peter O. Watts focuses his law practice on municipal, land use, and elections law for Oregon government bodies. Peter has received numerous accolades for his skill and abilities, including being named 2012's Up & Coming Lawyer of the Year by the Daily Journal of Commerce. Peter was also recognized as one of the Portland Business Journal's Forty Under 40 Business Professionals in 2010, and has been recognized as a Rising Star by Oregon Super Lawyers Magazine three times.
Municipal LawHe has extensive experience working with municipalities and counties in order to resolve complex issues involving Oregon laws, and currently provides city attorney services for many of Jordan Ramis PC’s municipal clients. He also served as the vice-chair of the Metro-sponsored Community Investment Initiative Leadership Council from 2011 to 2013. Currently, Peter is serving as a member of the Clackamas County Tourism Development Council, and was Chair from 2009 to 2011.
Land Use LawPeter also works with municipalities and counties in Oregon land use law. He strives to find compromises between government and business in how available land should be used. He has served as the Clackamas County Business Alliance Board of Directors President from 2010 to 2013, and Chair of the Land Use Committee from 2008-2015.
Peter also works with municipalities and counties throughout Oregon in arranging local elections and ensuring that the procedures of these elections are in compliance with the law.
Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- B.A., English, University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, 1999
- J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon, 2002
- LL.M. Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, 2003
- State of Oregon
- State of Washington
Memberships & Activities
- Clackamas County Tourism Development Council, Chair (2009-2011), Member (2008-Present),
- Clackamas County Business Alliance, President of the Board of Directors (2010-2013), Chair of the Land Use Committee (2008-2015)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Junior Board Member (2005-2012)
- Community Investment Innitiative Leadership Council, Vice Chair (2011)
- Gus J. Solomon American Inn of Court (Past)
- Oregon Law Foundation, Board of Directors (Past)
- Portland Opera Bel Canto Club, Member (Past)
Awards and Honors
- Daily Journal of Commerce, Up & Coming Lawyer of The Year (2012)
- Portland Business Journal's "40 Under 40" (2010)
- Oregon Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2010-2012)
- Clark County Faces Tightest Housing Market in Decades, and it Could be Getting Worse
- Loan Modifications in Today's Economic Environment
- Tax Court Victory for Business Owners
- Version and Conversation: How Is the Business Organized?
- Are Gift Certificates, Coupons and Other Cash Equivalents Taxable?
- Multnomah County Business Income Tax and City of Portland's Business License Tax
- The Latest on the Estate Tax
- After Measure 67, Should Your C Corporation Become an S Corporation?
- Businesses to Receive Tax Benefits as Part of the 2008 Economic Stimulus Act
- New Federal Tax Changes in Store for 2013
- 2010: A Look at the Estate Tax and Wealth Planning
- Who Is an Independent Contractor?
- Hybrid Tax Update