Estate Planning and Probate Attorney - Lake Oswego, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington
(WITH ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE A PLUS)
Jordan Ramis PC is seeking an Associate Attorney with two plus years of experience in Estate Planning, Probate and/or Trust Administration to join our team in our Lake Oswego, Oregon or Vancouver, Washington office.
- Knowledge of both Oregon and Washington estate planning and probate law. Additional experience in other areas of law is a plus.
- Drafts pleadings for probate administration including estate inventories and correspondence.
- Prepares complex accountings for probate and trust administration.
- Prepares estate planning documents such as wills and ancillary documents.
- Manages probate/trust administration deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of life insurance trusts, guardianships, estate planning, fiduciary income tax preparation and asset distribution.
- Preparation of tax identification number applications; S corporation elections; estate and gift tax returns; and determining and calendaring tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of trust funding including preparing deeds, assignments and change of account ownership.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with clients, family members, trustees and other professionals regarding all aspects of estate planning and probate matters and related issues with confidence and professionalism.
- Prioritizes assignments.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned.
- Must be admitted to practice in Oregon and/or Washington and in good standing.
- At least 2 years of estate planning, probate and/or trust administration.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of LSS and NetDocs desirable.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Confidence to work directly with clients and colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver high-quality work product under time pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision subject to attorney direction and approval, and to seek help when needed.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style, and the ability to compose correspondence and documentation and proofread.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Jordan Ramis PC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, please let us know. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial relationships, or any other characteristic protected by law.