Estate Planning and Probate Paralegal - Lake Oswego, Oregon
(WITH ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE IN REAL ESTATE A PLUS)
Jordan Ramis PC is seeking an experienced, high-level, full-time paralegal to join our team in our Lake Oswego office.
- High-level knowledge of both Oregon and Washington estate planning and probate law. Additional experience in real estate a plus.
- Drafts pleadings for probate administration including estate inventories and correspondence.
- Prepares complex accountings for probate and trust administration.
- Prepares estate planning documents such as wills and ancillary documents.
- Manages probate/trust administration calendar and deadlines.
- Knowledgeable of life insurance trusts, guardianships, estate planning, fiduciary income tax preparation and asset distribution.
- Preparation of tax identification number applications; S corporation elections; estate and gift tax returns; and determining and calendaring tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of trust funding including preparing deeds, assignments and change of account ownership.
- Communicates verbally and in writing with clients, family members, trustees and other professionals regarding all aspects of estate planning and probate matters and related issues with confidence and professionalism.
- Prioritizes assignments.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned by the attorneys.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or training in paralegal work; or equivalent combination of education and experience in court and law, including federal, state and appellate.
- At least 5 years of estate planning, probate AND corporate, real estate and/or litigation experience working at a law firm.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of LSS and NetDocs desirable.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work product to both attorneys and clients.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A sense of urgency and ability to deliver high-quality work product under time pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision subject to attorney direction and approval, and to seek help when needed.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, form and style, and the ability to compose correspondence and documentation and proofread.
- Familiarity and comfort with the use of online resources and technology to perform essential job functions.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Jordan Ramis PC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, please let us know. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial relationships, or any other characteristic protected by law.