In her 20 years of practice, Elizabeth Rosso has built a broad knowledge base, mastered flexibility and adaptability, and developed a unique perspective that allows her to formulate creative yet simple solutions to even the most complex legal issues. Her practice focuses on environmental and natural resources law, administrative law, and special districts law. She also serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Marketing Committee.
A survivor of Hurricane Katrina, Elizabeth also helps her clients prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disasters. She recognizes the importance of having a plan to keep businesses operating and people safe in the face of unforeseen disruptions.
Prior to joining Jordan Ramis, Elizabeth served as an officer in the Navy’s Judge Advocate General’s Corps. Her 14 years of military service are the foundation for her ability to cut through the noise and get to the heart of a matter, efficiently pursuing practical solutions for her clients.
Elizabeth’s favorite part of practicing law is being able to work collaboratively with clients and regulators to achieve client success while forging strong relationships that can be leveraged to resolve and even avoid future issues. When she is not working, she enjoys exploring the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with – and sometimes without! – her two dogs.
- LL.M., cum laude, Environmental and Natural Resources Law, Lewis and Clark Law School, 2014
- M.A., National Security and Strategic Studies, Naval War College, 2009
- J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law, 2002
- B.A., magna cum laude, Duquesne University, 1996
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar
- Pennsylvania State Bar
Membership and Activities
- Pacific Northwest Waterways Association (2019 – present), Environmental Committee (2020 – present)
- Jordan Ramis PC, Associate Committee, Chair (2019-2020)
- Jordan Ramis PC, Marketing Committee Co-Chair
- Oregon State Bar Military Assistance Program
- Lewis & Clark Law School Attorney Mentor Program (2018-2020)
- Beaverton Community Band (2017 – present), Publicity Committee (2018 – present)
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Oregon State Bar Bulletin Editorial Advisory Committee (Chair – 2020, Secretary – 2021)
- Air & Waste Management Association
- American Bar Association
Business Alert – Columbia Basin Collaborative Nominations Due July 31
July 22, 2021
Nominations are due on July 31, 2021, for representatives of river economies to sit on the Integration/Recommendations Group (“I/RG”) of the Columbia Basin Collaborative (“Collaborative”). The Collaborative is a continuation of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (“NOAA”) 2017-2020 Columbia River Partnership Task…
COVID-19 Vaccination Policies
March 15, 2021
By Peter S. Hicks, Sharholder, and Elizabeth A. Rosso, Shareholder Introduction There have been numerous alerts, articles, and blog posts from various sources providing updates to employers on COVID-19 vaccines and how—or even whether—employers may implement a vaccination policy for…
American Rescue Plan Act Provides Additional COVID Relief
March 12, 2021
By Elizabeth A. Rosso, Shareholder Introduction On March 11, 2021, the President signed the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (“Act”) into law. As with previous COVID-19 relief and stimulus packages, the Act contains numerous provisions designed to help individuals,…