Joseph A. Yazbeck, Jr. - Shareholder
AboutJoe Yazbeck has decades of experience representing all sides in construction disputes, from suppliers, subcontractors, and general contractors to public and private owners.
From his early experience as an attorney for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers through the subsequent decades of private practice, Joe has built relationships with participants in the Pacific Northwest construction industry and has represented clients in matters large and small.
Joe is known throughout the Northwest for his knowledge and expertise in Federal and State procurement disputes. He represented the joint venture general contractor in one of the largest manufacturing plant disputes in Oregon and has extensive experience in all types of performance-based contracting, and has worked on infrastructure disputes ranging from bridges to complex marine construction projects. A skilled litigator and shrewd advisor with years of trial experience, Joe is willing to litigate but knows the value of prompt resolution.
Joe has an AV Preeminent® peer review rating in Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating afforded by the organization. AV Preeminent® is a significant rating, indicating a lawyer's high ethical standards and professional ability.
- Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1971
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1974
- State of Oregon
- State of Washington
- State of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Memberships & Activities
- National Utility Contractors Association (NUCA) of Oregon and Southwest Washington, Associate Board Member
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon
- Awards and Honors
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Attorney
- Proving and Defending Claims on Construction Projects, in Construction Law (Oregon State Bar, Legal Publications, 2011)
- Email: Joseph.Yazbeck@jordanramis.com
- Ph: 5035985522
- Office: 2 Centerpointe Dr #600
Lake Oswego, OR 97035