Keenan Ordon-Bakalian - Associate
AboutKeenan Ordon-Bakalian is a member of the firm’s land use and development practice group. He focuses his practice on land use and environmental law, with experience handling a variety of regulatory and legal compliance matters at the intersection of these two fields of law. His experience includes representing developers and homeowners in local and state land use zoning, permitting, code enforcement, and environmental compliance for development projects and existing land uses.
An attorney is a valuable asset to any development team. Keenan is dedicated to helping clients navigate the complex regulatory environment surrounding land development. Keenan specializes in proactively identifying and addressing potential challenges that could hinder the progress of a project, as well as managing the intricate personal and political relationships characteristic of land development.
While earning his J.D. from Lewis & Clark Law School, Keenan clerked for the Snohomish County Prosecutor’s Office located in northwest Washington, in the County’s Land Use and Environmental Unit. In addition, he clerked for Western Resources Legal Center, where he assisted in drafting pleadings in Federal District Court and the Ninth Circuit relating to Federal forest practices and ranching.
When Keenan is not working to guide development projects over the finish line, he can be found playing soccer all across the Portland Metro area, backcountry skiing in beautiful Mt. Hood National Forest, and cheering on his beloved Seattle Seahawks.
- Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- J.D., cum laude, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2019, Associate Editor, Environmental Law
- B.A., History and Political Science, University of Colorado, 2016
- State of Oregon
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law Certification, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2019
- Certificate in American Western Studies, University of Colorado, 2016
- Memberships & Activities
- Multnomah Bar Association (2019-Present)
- Awards and Honors
- Larry Kressel Memorial Scholar: Awarded for outstanding academic performance in the area of land use law, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2018-2019
- Handshake Deal on SDC Credits?
- UGB Expansion Areas That Can Actually Be Developed
- Room to Rest? Portland Planning Commission’s New Design Review Guideline Presents Legal Questions
- Stuck in the Middle? Oregon Cities Face Balancing Act in Implementing HB 2001
- Working Safe During the Coronavirus Outbreak: Recommendations for Oregon’s Construction Industry
- Can Your Project Safely Resume? Governor Inslee Announces Phased Restart to Washington Construction
- Oregon’s Development Landscape During COVID-19 and Beyond
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph: (360) 567-4843
- Office: 1499 SE Tech Center Pl #380
Vancouver, WA 98683