Matthew L. Kahl - Associate
AboutA member of the firm's business law group, Matthew assists clients in a range of matters, including real estate, creditors' rights, and estate planning. His experience includes negotiating purchase and sale agreements, resolving title issues, negotiating deed-in-lieu, loan forbearance, and loan modification agreements. He has prepared pleadings related to judicial mortgage foreclosure actions, represented creditors in bankruptcy filings, and advised clients on consumer finance, real estate, and debt collection issues.
At previous firms he served as in-house counsel to the chief operations officer, as well as in-house compliance counsel. In this role he drafted firm policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. He also advised senior management on compliance-related issues and recommended courses of action across multiple departments. He frequently assisted clients on compliance matters.
A frequent speaker, he conducts internal and external compliance-related trainings.
Matthew is licensed to practice in six states, including Oregon. Originally from South Florida, Matthew is the current president of the Out-of-State Division of The Florida Bar. He also is a member of the Oregon State Bar's Real Estate and Land Use section. He currently serves on the Anti-Defamation League's Glass Leadership Institute Alumni Advisory Board, is a member of the Oregon Coalition Against Hate Crime, and is a member of both the Legislative Advocacy and Intergroup Outreach Committees of the Jewish Federation of Greater Portland's Jewish Community Relations Council.
- Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- B.A., University of Florida, 2001
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 2004
- State of Oregon
- State of Florida
- State of Georgia
- State of New York
- State of Tennessee
- State of District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court of Georgia, Northern District
- U.S. District Court of Georgia, Middle District
- U.S. District Court of Georgia, Southern District
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Memberships & Activities
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar, Real Estate and Land Use Section
- Florida State Bar, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, Out-of-State Division, President
- Anti-Defamation League
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph: (503) 598-5548
- Office: 2 Centerpointe Dr #600
Lake Oswego, OR 97035