A Penny Saved
- A large loss and demand claim was received by an insurer.
- Other insurers were involved in the loss, but had significantly lower limits.
- The insurer faced a potential exposure in excess of $1 million.
- The insurer, uncertain of how to respond to the demand, called to discuss options for coordinating arguments.
- Jordan Ramis examined background facts to verify circumstances and identify coverage exclusions.
- Policies were examined for our client insurer as well as other insurers involved in the claim.
- Additional coverage required by other insurers was identified, facts were investigated and claimants were deposed.
- Jordan Ramis provided a comprehensive analysis and written opinion to our client to assist them in understanding their options and the ramifications of each.
- Jordan Ramis provided the claimant’s attorney with a roadmap to establish additional coverage.
- The other insurance company also involved in the claim provided additional coverage for the claim.
- The investigation showed that a previously unrecognized exclusion applied to our client insurer.
- Our client insurer was able to settle the demand legally and fairly, and avoided the originally implied $1 million in exposure.