Come Together Now
Advancing Water Policy Objectives
- Our client - an agricultural trade association - and its irrigation-dependant members were facing a challenging water policy environment, with little ability to pass significant water legislation.
- Stakeholders in the water policy arena were not communicating well, leading to mistrust and legislative gridlock.
- The Jordan Ramis team assisted our client's executive director in the development of a strategic vision for a broad-based water policy coalition, including the identification of important stakeholders.
- Jordan Ramis helped provide context and legal support to the coalition as it tackled important water policy issues.
- Jordan Ramis also helped organize and teach a water law and policy training session for the Oregon legislature.
- Jordan Ramis played a central role in the development of pioneering water resources investment legislation SB 839 (2013), which involved direct work with legslative leadership as well as the Oregon governor's office.
- Our client reinforced its role as a key player in the water policy arena.
- Our client helped drive the passage of extremely significant water resources investment legislation that will help its members for years to come.
- Our client opened doors of communication among disparate groups, allowing for rational discussion and solutions to emerge where there was previously only conflict.