- A city had a contentious political environment that lead to an initiative and subsequent vote seeking to disincorporate the city.
- The result of the election called into question the statute defining how to determine the results.
- Unhappy citizens contested the election and brought claims against the city.
- Jordan Ramis defended city personnel and the city itself in its contested election results, determined that the initiative failed due to an existing statute, and received dismissal of claims. The city was not disincorporated.
- Affirmative claims against the city were either dismissed or resolved on summary judgment.