Land for Jobs
- Our client wanted to include approximately 500+ acres of land inside an urban growth boundary (UGB).
- A large portion of the property was currently used as an active dairy farm.
- There were no urban services nearby and no long-term vision for the property.
- A legal challenge as to the conversion of agricultural land was inevitable.
- The property needed to be annexed and zoned.
- Jordan Ramis developed a mixed-use vision for the land focusing on job creation.
- Jordan Ramis communicated the vision to elected officials in the city and county for inclusion into the urban growth boundary.
- After communicating the vision, Jordan Ramis gained acceptance into the Urban Growth Areas.
- The decision was appealed by a statewide environmental group
- The property was annexed to the city before a decision in the land use case.
- Jordan Ramis successfully annexed the property under a development agreement with the city for a collective vision of property.
- Additionally, Jordan Ramis developed a unique zoning code specifically for the property.
- Jordan Ramis successfully defended the property against legal challenges before the Washington Supreme Court.
- The work resulted in the largest acreage parcel in the Portland region to develop new employment opportunities.