Lake Oswego, OR… On May 7, 2010, Clackamas County honored Jordan Ramis PC for its commitment to recycling, waste prevention, and other sustainable actions. On behalf of the firm, attorneys Damien Hall, who chairs the firm's Sustainability Committee, and Douglas Cushing, shareholder and board member, accepted a BRAG Award (Business Recycling Awards Group) from Lake Oswego City Councilors Donna Jordan and Roger Hennagin at the Lake Oswego Chamber of Commerce Sustainability Action Month event.
BRAG Awards go to high achieving Clackamas County businesses — those that recycle all relevant materials regularly, prevent waste with at least six ongoing activities, consistently buy recycled products, and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement.
Jordan Ramis places high importance on the environmental aspect of its operations including:
- Adopting best practices for law office sustainability management. The firm is a partner in the American Bar Association's ABA-EPA Law Office Climate Challenge, which requires practices such as double-sided copying, recycling, and use of recycled products.
- Utilizing stationary and copier paper with at least 30% recycled content.
- Recycling discarded office paper, cardboard, glass, plastics, batteries, and supplies such as print cartridges.
- Ongoing refinement of practices to minimize use of paper.
- Energy-efficient building and equipment, including automatic shut off of lights and power.
Steve Shropshire, the firm's managing shareholder, said, "Our sustainable initiatives focus on providing practical business advice to our clients on sustainability issues and providing an excellent place to work for our employees. We are committed to acting as responsible corporate citizens, and being conscientious stewards of our environmental resources." Jordan Ramis's Practical Sustainability Law blog brings a business-practical rather than political point of view to sustainability and green development issues and can be found at www.practicalsustainabilitylaw.com.
Jordan Ramis PC (www.jordanramis.com) was established in 1963 and has offices in Oregon and Washington. The firm has been named one of Oregon's 100 Best Places to Work for 2011, the seventh time it has appeared on the Oregon Business Magazine list. The firm was also recognized as one of the 20 Best Places to Work by Portland Monthly (2006) and as one of the Portland Business Journal's Most Admired Companies (2008). Jordan Ramis represents clients throughout the western United States in business, government, and Dirt Law® (real estate, environment, land use, and construction).