Timothy V. RamisShareholder
For more than 40 years, Tim Ramis has focused his practice on the business of land development in the region. Tim has extensive experience as a land use attorney in transportation planning, local government applications, Goal 5 applications, wetland permitting, Land Use Board of Appeals (LUBA) petitions, Court of Appeals and Supreme Court cases, and legislative drafting.
Tim's land use knowledge helps him deal with planning, engineering, transportation, wetlands, habitat, economic, and other technical consultants and permits him to interface well with local planning staff.
Tim's in-depth land use experience and skill has resulted in his playing a major role in some of the most prominent land developments in the region such as:
- The Peterkort Property
- Clackamas Town Center
- Clackamas Promenade
Prior to entering private practice, Tim served as assistant county counsel for Washington County, Oregon, where he was legal advisor to the County Planning Commission, Planning Department, Public Works Department, and Unified Sewage Agency. He also worked as staff liaison to the Metropolitan Service District.
Tim currently serves as city attorney for the cities of Tigard, Milwaukie, and West Linn, Oregon.
A member of the United States Tennis Association, Tim remains active in tennis, swimming, and skiing. His interests in urban economics and land development have led him to travel extensively throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and North Africa.
In the News
Education & AdmissionsEducation:
- B.A., Stanford University, 1972
- J.D., University of Oregon, 1975
- State of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. Supreme Court
Memberships & Activities
- U.S. Supreme Court Bar
- Oregon State Bar, Government Law and Real Estate/Land Use Sections
- Subcommittee for Real Estate/Land Use Education and Legislation
- Oregon City Attorneys Association
Awards and Honors
- Daily Journal of Commerce, Newsmaker, 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America®, "Lawyer of the Year," Land Use & Zoning Law, Portland Area, 2016
- Chambers USA, Leading Individual in Oregon, Real Estate: Zoning & Land Use, 2006-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use & Zoning Law, and Real Estate Law, 2006-2017
- Oregon Super Lawyers listing, Land Use/Zoning, 2006-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America®, "Lawyer of the Year," Land Use & Zoning Law, Portland Area, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Attorney
- Co-Chair of the Oregon Land Use Law Seminar, hosted by the Seminar Group, December 2015
- Mr. Ramis is a frequent speaker at conferences and seminars regarding land use and real estate issues. He has presented seminars sponsored by the Oregon State Bar, Colorado Bar Association, Law Seminar International, American Planning Association, Oregon Law Institute, Oregon Planning Institute, National Business Institute, League of Oregon Cities, and the Audubon Society. He has also authored and co-authored several professional articles regarding land use issues.