Joe Yazbeck has decades of experience representing all sides in construction disputes, from suppliers, subcontractors, and general contractors, to public and private owners.
From his early experience as an attorney for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers through subsequent decades of private practice, Joe has built relationships throughout the Pacific Northwest construction industry and continues to represent clients in matters large and small.
Joe is known throughout the Northwest for his knowledge and expertise in federal and state procurement disputes. He represented the joint venture general contractor in one of the largest manufacturing plant disputes in Oregon, has extensive experience in all types of performance-based contracting, and has worked on infrastructure disputes ranging from bridges to complex marine construction projects.
When Joe is not in the office practicing law, you will certainly find him enjoying a round of golf with his clients and friends, rain or shine.
- B.S., Louisiana State University, 1971
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 1974
- State of Oregon
- State of Washington
- State of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
Membership and Activities
- National Utility Contractors Association (NWUCA) of Oregon and Southwest Washington, Associate Board Member
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon
Awards and Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Construction, 2020-2022
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Attorney
- “Proving and Defending Claims on Construction Projects,” Construction Law in Oregon (Oregon State Bar, Legal Publications, 2011)
U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Recognizes Nine Jordan Ramis PC Attorneys and Russell D. Garrett as “Lawyer of the Year”
August 25, 2021
Jordan Ramis PC is pleased to announce that Russell D. Garrett has been awarded “Lawyer of the Year” and eight additional Jordan Ramis attorneys have been ranked in the 2022 Best Lawyers® guide.
Best Lawyers® Ranks Nine Jordan Ramis PC Attorneys
August 20, 2020
Jordan Ramis PC is pleased to announce that nine lawyers across the firm’s three office branches and various practice areas have been ranked in the 2021 Best Lawyers® guide. Best Lawyers® is a purely peer review-based process with listings published…
Best Lawyers® Awards Nine Jordan Ramis PC Attorneys
November 11, 2019
Jordan Ramis PC is pleased to announce that nine lawyers have been named to the Best Lawyers® 2020 edition. Best Lawyers® is a purely peer review-based process with listings published in almost 70 countries around the world. A special congratulations…