Portland, OR – Jordan Ramis PC is pleased to announce that eight lawyers have been named to the 2016 edition of Best Lawyers, the oldest peer-review publication in the legal profession.
- Timothy V. Ramis: “Lawyer of the Year” in Land Use and Zoning Law; Municipal Law; Real Estate Law
- Stephen L. Shropshire: “Lawyer of the Year” in Water Law; Natural Resources Law
- John H. Baker: Construction Law
- Russell D. Garrett: Banker and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Leta E. Gorman: Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Robert G. Koury II: Real Estate Law
- Peter D. Mohr: Water Law
- Christopher L. Reive: Environmental Law; Litigation – Environmental; Natural Resources Law
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.” They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise.
Tim Ramis was named “Lawyer of the Year” for Portland, OR in Land Use and Zoning. For more than 30 years, Tim has focused his practice on the business of land development. He has extensive experience as a land use attorney in transportation planning, local government applications, Land Use Board of Appeals petitions, Court of Appeals and Supreme Court cases, and legislative drafting. Tim has been listed on the Best Lawyers list since 2006 and also won the Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” for Land Use and Zoning in 2013.
Steve Shropshire was named “Lawyer of the Year” for Portland, OR in Water Law. For more than 20 years, Steve has focused his practice on Water and Natural Resources Law. He has extensive experience in state and federal water law and policy, water quality issues, the Endangered Species Act, and ecosystem services credit transactions. Steve has been listed on the Best Lawyers list since 2012.