David P. Weiner
While we would like to hear from you, please be aware that anything you send us will NOT create the attorney-client relationship, and will only be considered privileged if we have agreed to represent you as reflected in a written engagement letter or legal services agreement. That means anything you send now, if you are not a current client, will not be considered confidential or privileged. By sending this email, you confirm that you have read and understand this notice.
With 50 years’ experience, David Weiner takes pride in being a hands-on, solutions-driven go-to lawyer in the real estate industry. Focusing his sophisticated practice on complex commercial real estate transactions, including IRC Section 1031 Exchanges, David represents developers, owners and managers in connection with the acquisition, sale, financing and leasing of shopping centers, office buildings, apartments and industrial parks. In addition, David maintains a general business practice including forming entities and the sale and purchase of businesses.
Understanding the intricacies of real estate practice, David has a reputation as a deal facilitator versus deal killer. His experience includes orchestrating large complex transactions from initial concept to closing. Known and appreciated for his ability to remove obstacles and effectively solve issues, David also has earned a reputation for delivering white glove client service. His forthright communication style, attention to detail and genuine interest in his clients and their needs allows him to establish immediate credibility, which makes it no wonder why he’s been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America as a top real estate lawyer in Oregon.
When he is not working, David likes to unwind by cooking with his wife and finding time to maintain a low single digit handicap on the golf course.
- Claremont McKenna College, B.A., 1969
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1972
Membership and Activities
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- American Bar Association Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust Committee on Opinion Letters in Secured Real Estate Transactions (1992-present)
- Oregon State Bar Section on Real Estate & Land Use Committee on Opinion Letters in Real Estate Transactions, Chair/Editor (1988-2015), Chair/Editor Emeritus (present)
- Oregon Golf Association, President (1998-2001)
- Oregon Supreme Court Disciplinary Rules and Procedures Committee (1986-2000)
- Oregon State Bar Joint Committee with Realtors (1986-1989, Chair: 1988-1989)
- Oregon State Bar Section on Real Estate &Land Use Executive Committee (1985-1987)
- Multnomah County Local Professional Responsibility Committee (1984-1986)
- Oregon State Bar Committee on Real Property (1974-1977, Chair: 1976-1977)
Awards and Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America in Real Estate, (1987-1991, 2020-2023)