Since our inception, one of Jordan Ramis PC’s main industries of focus has been commercial real estate. Our attorneys combine their legal expertise, real-world practical experience, and industry knowledge to provide personalized advice to our clients across the broad spectrum that the commercial real estate industry encompasses. We represent developers, investors, commercial landlords, and contractors while working in conjunction with lenders, design professionals, title insurers, and brokers to ensure our clients’ goals and desires are fully achieved. Our expertise imparts clients with the freedom to explore creative possibilities that few others are able to offer.
Our commercial real estate team works collaboratively with our attorneys in other industry groups, including agriculture, charter schools, construction, hospitality and lodging, and local government, to provide not only legal opinions but also sound advice and counsel no matter what our clients need. Whether our clients seek assistance with the acquisition and construction of a new commercial project, negotiation of financing and leasing documents for existing projects, or advice on structuring their real estate portfolio, we have the people and skills to help our clients succeed.
Advising on Real Estate Transactions and Leasing
- 1031 exchanges, opportunity zones, and other tax structuring
- Complex retail, office, and industrial leases
- Drafting and negotiating easements, restrictive covenants, other development documentation, and master declarations, such as condominium and homeowner association
- Due diligence (title, survey, review of environmental issues)
- Negotiation of acquisitions and dispositions of raw land, developed, portfolio, and distressed properties
- Property management counsel
- Workout agreements
- Allocation of value, profits, and equity
- Bankruptcy related to commercial real estate
- Boundary line and easement disputes
- Construction litigation
- Land use litigation
- Partnership disputes
- Purchase agreement disputes
- Water rights litigation
- Analysis of financing alternatives
- Documentation of conventional and creative financing mechanisms
- Environmental documents
- Negotiation of terms and conditions of construction, mezzanine, and permanent financing
- Lender counsel; loan documentation and enforcement
Executive Committee Member & Shareholder
CASES AND CLIENT STORIES
July 13, 2021
The client sought advice on how to mitigate the potential environmental impacts of the VOC releases, minimize the risk of potential enforcement action by the Washington Department of Ecology (DOE), and position itself for future cost recovery actions against potentially both its tenant and the third-party vendor that caused the significant release of PCE.
July 6, 2021
We worked creatively with our client to create a commercial lease enforcement package that consisted of systematic steps and fixed-fee services for the client and our internal teams, reducing the overall costs for both parties.