Gary has been representing clients in a wide range of real estate matters for over 30 years. He routinely assists clients in transactional work as well as with foreclosures and judgment executions on real estate and personal property. His experience also includes representing investors purchasing real property from foreclosure sales, redeeming from foreclosure sales, applying for early sheriff’s deeds, and obtaining possession following foreclosure.
Prior to practicing law, Gary worked as a title officer in an Oregon office of a national title insurance company. That experience has enabled Gary to advise and assist clients in clearing up title problems on their property.
In addition to real estate work, Gary is experienced in debtor/creditor matters, allowing him to offer clients practical advice in analyzing the potential risks and benefits of structuring transactions or resolving disputes. A large percentage of Gary’s practice in the first 20 years involved representing Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees in liquidating troubled assets and avoiding liens. Gary’s practice continues to include representing creditors in bankruptcy matters as well as representing parties purchasing assets out of bankruptcy cases. Gary’s practice also includes handling probate matters.
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, 1990
- B.A., Oregon State University, 1977
Membership and Activities
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Past Member, Legislative Committee of the Real Estate & Land Use Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Past Member, Executive Committee of the Debtor-Creditor Section of the Oregon State Bar (2000-2001, 2010-2011)
- Member and Past-Chair, Legislation Committee of the Debtor-Creditor Section of the Oregon State Bar
- Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Awards and Honors
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Real Estate Law, 2016-2022
- “Mortgage Foreclosure Moratoriums in Oregon,” Oregon Restaurant and Lodging Association Webinar, December 2020
U.S. News and Best Lawyers® Recognizes Nine Jordan Ramis PC Attorneys and Russell D. Garrett as “Lawyer of the Year”
August 25, 2021
Jordan Ramis PC is pleased to announce that Russell D. Garrett has been awarded “Lawyer of the Year” and eight additional Jordan Ramis attorneys have been ranked in the 2022 Best Lawyers® guide.
HB 4204: Governor Extends Emergency Period on Foreclosure Moratorium Through End of 2020
September 9, 2020
By Gary L. Blacklidge, Attorney HB 4204 provided that the “emergency period,” defined therein, would expire on September 30, 2020, unless the Governor issued an executive order at least 30 days prior to the expiration date specifying a later date…
Best Lawyers® Ranks Nine Jordan Ramis PC Attorneys
August 20, 2020
Jordan Ramis PC is pleased to announce that nine lawyers across the firm’s three office branches and various practice areas have been ranked in the 2021 Best Lawyers® guide. Best Lawyers® is a purely peer review-based process with listings published…